Monday 7 May 2012

Clean Recipe: Double Chocolate Cupcakes

I have always loved to bake but don't do it often these days. However, I've discovered some awesome clean recipes where I can still get my baking fix and enjoy them guilt free!
These cupcakes use clean ingredients, are gluten free and low in sugar and they taste AMAZING for something guilt free! You have to promise you'll stop at one though!


The recipe is based on Teresa Cutter's recipe which you can find here.
I've made a couple of changes for what I had in the pantry at the time and added some dark chocolate to make them even more delish! The original recipe makes 12 small cupcakes but I like a good sized cake so I make 6-7 out of the mixture. There's approx 270 calories per cupcake if you make them this way.

1 ½ cups (150g) almond meal
¼ cup (21 g) unsweetened good quality cocoa powder
1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
2 free range eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
60 ml (1/4 cup) coconut butter
60 ml milk (¼ cup) of almond milk
2 tablespoons organic honey
25g of good quality dark chocolate (70-85%)


Chop up dark chocolate and put aside (don't eat any, we'll need it later!)




Combine almond meal, cocoa powder and baking powder in a small bowl.



Add honey, eggs and vanilla extract



Zap coconut butter (I use Melrose organic Coconut Butter, most health food stores stock it) in the microwave, about 30-40 secs until it turn to liquid. Add to the mix.



Add almond milk, I use the Blue Diamond one below which is available at Coles.


Mix all ingredients to combine and lastly fold through dark chocolate.


Spoon into 6 patty pans and bake at 160 C for approx 25 mins.



I eat them warm for dessert with a raspberry sauce (frozen raspberries zapped in the microwave for 20 seconds and mashed with a spoon until it resembles a sauce). ENJOY!






2 comments: