Monday 6 August 2012

Clean Recipe: Cottage Cheese Cheesecake

Yet another clean recipe for you!

I hope you're enjoying my recipes, I apologise if you're getting bored of recipe after recipe but it keeps me motivated having new and yummy things to cook so I hope it motivates you too!
Off the subject of food, I do have a few exercise related posts coming soon, Trainer Mel is going to do a guest post on running so stay tuned for that.

So back to food...the other day I was thinking about how amazing cottage cheese is for you and how I'm not the biggest fan of the texture of it so don't really don't eat it as often as I should. I then had the crazy idea that cottage cheese is a cheese - yes! And it's creamy - yes! Kinda like cream cheese? Well, yes! Then surely you can make a delicously healthy cheesecake using cottage cheese? YES!
I jumped on Google and found a handful of recipes. I tried one, which was a dismal failure and had almost given up until the found the delicious looking pic of this one. So I had to try it, with my own changes of course, and it is gooooood!

This cheesecake has no base but I am loving eating it as my sixth meal of the day with flax meal on top to kind of act like an upside down base. I plan to experiment with a proper base using flax and perhaps coconut oil but for now, this cheesecake is yummy enough without it! 

I cut the cheesecake into quarters and have one piece per serve. Therefore it makes 4 serves.


Blueberry Cheesecake



Raspberry Cheesecake



Cottage Cheese Cheesecake

3/4 cup cottage cheese
2/3 cup Jalna Biodynamic Organic Whole Milk Yogurt (you can substitute any yogurt you like here but I would suggest natural/greek yogurt)
1 tbsp corn flour
4 sachets of Natvia (or subsitute with whatever sweetner you prefer)
1/4 tsp salt
1 large free range egg + 1 extra egg white
Zest and juice of half a lemon
1 1/2 cups of fruit of your choice (I've used both raspberries and blueberries and both were equally yummy!)

Preheat oven to 180 degrees and grease and line a 6 inch cake tin.

Using a food processor or magic bullet, process the cottage cheese until smooth.

In a medium bowl, whisk processed cottage cheese, yogurt, corn flour, eggs, Natvia, zest and juice until well combined.

Carefully fold through berries/fruit of choice.

Pour mixture into lined tin and bake for 35-40 mins until set.

Let cheesecake cool in tin for 20 mins then pop in the fridge until chilled.

Carefully turn it out onto a plate, then eat and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment