Monday 19 November 2012

Quick Clean Recipes

During the last 10 weeks, time restraints and limited food choices have limited my experimentation with yummy clean recipes.

When time is an issue, I become a creature of habit and generally eat the same thing for the same meal EVERY SINGLE DAY! I have managed to come up with a couple of super simple, super quick, super delish recipes (they're so simple I don't know if I can even call them recipes) which are now the highlight of my every single day. So I thought I'd share...you can thank me later!

Thai Chicken Rissoles




500g chicken mince (ask your butcher to mince skinless chicken breast)
1 tbsp Thai Gourmet Green Curry Paste (no oil, no sugar, no additives, no articficial anything! - available at Coles)
Bunch of coriander, chopped
1 egg white (you could use the whole egg if you wish)
1 tsp fish sauce
Pinch of stevia (or 1 tsp of palm/brown sugar if you prefer)

Whisk egg white, curry paste, fish sauce and stevia to combine.
Add chicken mince and corriander and mix well (I use my hands).
Shape into 12 rissoles and cook on a lightly oiled (I use coconut or rice bran oil) hot pan or BBQ for approx. 3 mins each side or until cooked through.
Serve 2 rissoles with salad or your choice of vegies. YUM!!


Cottage Cheese Chocolate Mousse




100g low fat cottage cheese
1/4 scoop chocolate protein powder (I use Reflex Instant Whey)
1 tsp cacao/unsweetened cocoa powder
Pinch of stevia to taste
1-2 tsp water (helps blend everything)

Blend/process all ingredients in a small food processor or magic bullet until smooth.
Pop mixture into a small bowl and into the freezer for 10 mins.
Top the mousse with whatever takes your fancy - berries, banana, cherries, flax meal, cacoa nibs (as I have done here) etc.
This mousse is so YUM, I have it every single night!


In other food related news, I have become obsessed with food-ogling amazing clean food pics on Instagram and that's where I discovered the website iherb.com.
A health and clean eater's paradise and cheap! They're based in the US, there are so many products available that we wouldn't usually have access to in Aus. There's protein powders, vitamins, supplements, sugar alternatives, beauty products...the list is endless.
I placed my first order this morning and have cans of organic pumpkin puree on their way! I can only imagine what I can cook up with this! 
No, I didn't just order pumpkin puree, I will do a review of the products once my order arrives.

In the mean time, if you happen to visit, decide it's awesome and place an order, use the code RWV626 to get $10 off orders of $40 or more.

Stay awesome xx

No comments:

Post a Comment