Thursday 12 July 2012

Post-Holiday Blues & Dream Board

I had serious case of post-holiday blues after a trip I took last year and compared to that I think I'm doing OK considering I'm coming down from the last couple of months of exciting and major events in my life.

I am having abit of a tough time though and feeling abit out of control in some areas of my life.
I'm not going to bore you by fully disclosing everything but I'm ready for some changes to be made. Slowly but surely I think.

I feel sad everytime I look in the mirror and see how my body has changed from all the crap I fed it on our trip. I'm feeling like I threw away everything I worked so hard for because everything food and fitness wise is feeling pretty hard at the moment.

I'm pretty much back into training again but my sessions have been rubbish, my fitness, strength and technique is crap. I'm getting 7-8 hours sleep a night but I'm so tired in the mornings leaving my with limited energy for my morning sessions.
My eating is the worst though...I haven't had a day since we returned from our trip without some form of chocolate/sugar and almost every second day I'll have a binge of some sort.
I'm doing well today, I've set myself a goal to get through the whole day without some sort of sugary treat. After dinner is usually when I cave - it's only 5.45pm now so don't want to get ahead of myself here!
I know it'll get easier, it's just feeling pretty damn hard at the moment!

I started de-cluttering our house this past weekend, I've read that clutter can cause you to feel overwhelmed and unable to move forward in thinking and activities. So I started by turfing the years and years worth of clothes I've been holding onto because 'I might wear it one day'! It's feeling very cleansing so far, I can't wait til I've done the whole house!

I also sat down and wrote myself a 3 year plan for my life (not just random number, I'll be 30 in just under 3 years) and did up the below dream board using Google images.


My dream board currently depicts my goals and aspirations for work & career, health & fitness, travel and the lifestyle I wish to acheive in the next 3 years. I'm finding it very inspiring to look at and I've set it as my desktop and iPhone backgrounds and will print it out and post it in as many places as I can in the hope that it will keep me focused.

I would definitely recommend having a go at a dream board if you're feeling like you've lost your way, need some changes in your life or have any goals you wish to acheive. It's alot of fun to make and definitely prettier than looking at a list of goals!

Thanks to everyone who signed up to follow this blog, hope you're still enjoying it :-)

2 comments:

  1. Dream Trips Life provides additionally the referral program along with Get four Spend No More idea, should you reveal this particular good way in order to save cash through going together with your buddies, members of the family as well as anyone who like to journey.





    Dreamtrip
    Dream life
    Luxury DreamTrips
    DreamTrips Life

    ReplyDelete