Friday 6 July 2012

I'M BACK!!!

Wow, what crazy 5 weeks I've had since my last post!

We left for our 4 week trip around the USA on June 2 and arrived back in Melbourne almost a week ago now, on June 30. We saw and experienced so many amazing things and really had the time of our lives!
I did have intentions to fit in some form of training 2-3 times a week and not completely indulge while we were over there but it didn't quite happen....I pretty much let my hair down an indulged on most of the food the US had to offer - burgers, pizza, hot dogs, cup cakes, pancakes, waffles, donuts - you name it, I pretty much ate it! And I can count the amount of times I trained on one hand *insert red face here*
Hey I am only human after all!

While I did completely enjoy myself and have no regrets, there is no way I could continue eating that way and I am thankful to be back in my normal routine again. The past week has definitely not been easy though and I know it's going to be a tough battle to kick those pesky sugar cravings which are worse than ever right now!

Okaaaay - so what's the damage after the last month of abuse?
- I have gained 3 kg's and 2% body fat
- I am visibly larger around my mid section - what was close to a flat stomach is now well and truly not!
- Energy levels are not the best, I'm finding it very difficult to get up in the mornings
- Digestion is sluggish and I'm bloated most of the time
- Fitness levels have considerably diminished 


So no mucking about, I'm back into it and have set my goals to have my body back to how it was, hopefully even better by 1st September. I will officially begin my little challenge on Saturday 7th July which is a nice even 8 weeks. It is also the day of my cousin's wedding and I have a dress in mind that I plan to rock that day!

So my goals for the next 8 weeks -
- Lose the 3 kg's I've gained
- Get my body fat down to 18-19% (currently at 21.5%)
- Run the 10km event in Run Melbourne on July 15, without stopping, just over a week away!
- Get those energy levels through the roof again

Glad to be home and can't wait to get back on track!! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment