Thursday 19 July 2012

Food That I Be Eating & Run Melbourne Update

I've found that in the last week I've been eating alot cleaner and not needing quite so many cheats and I think it's because I'm putting effort into my meals and experimenting abit. I love to cook and as we all know I love to eat, so for me I think it's key to try new things and make sure there's plenty of flavour in there. 
I'm by no means 100% back on track with my nutrition but I'm getting there.

So without further adieu, here's what I've been munching on!



Zucchini Fettucine (use your vegetable peeler to peel long, thin slices of zucchini, then cut into fettucine style strips. Saute in a tiny bit of olive/avocado/rice bran oil for 1-2 mins and use in place of pasta. Low carb and gluten free!!) I served mine with a tuna, mushroom, tomato and olive sauce using plenty of onion, garlic and herbs to flavour it and a tiny bit of shave parmasan on top. YUM!!


I was inspired by a fish dish we ate in Hawaii to make the above dish. It's a grilled white fish fillet with a mango sauce and pineapple and avocado salsa. Not quite as good as the one we ate in Hawaii but still delicious!



My Bean-less Beef Chilli - I ate this for lunch every day last week YUM, YUM, YUM! Recipe can be found here



Clean Raspberry Pudding - I was watching Masterchef the other night and they were cooking the most amazing looking desserts, all I wanted was a nice hot bowl of chocolate pudding! Thankfully, I didn't resort to that and made this gluten and sugar free rasperry pudding instead. It looks abit like cooked eggs and raspberries but I can guarentee it tasted almost like a real pudding! I will do a recipe post shortly.



My post-race brekky after Run Melbourne on Sunday morning.





My favourtie 85% Dark Chocolate from Aldi - my life saver when I'm desperate for a chocolate fix!


In other news, I acheived my first goal of my 8 Week Challenge on Sunday, completing the 10km Run Melbourne event.

I am so happy I did it, it was the best I've felt running in a while and reminded me how much fun running can actually be! I felt on top of the world afterwards and even though I didn't do a spectacular time, I'm really happy with how I went considering I've run 3 times in the past 6 weeks. Can't wait to improve even more, I'm hoping to shave 6 mins of my time for the Melbourne Marathon 10km event in October.




I didn't officially enter the run so there's no official time but here's my time according to my watch. Below is the only pic of me I could find from the official race photos...see, I really was there!


No comments:

Post a Comment